Lund University is looking for a vice-chancellor from 1 January 2021
Lund University is one of the Nordic Region’s largest and foremost universities. Its success can be ascribed to the University’s capability to create outstanding research and education environments, a unique breadth of subjects, and cross-boundary collaborations. The basis for this is strong student influence, extensive internationalisation and close cooperation with the wider world.
Lund University is now looking for a vice-chancellor who is to develop the University’s education, research and external engagement, and utilise the comprehensive University’s possibilities to address global challenges. Lund University’s strategic plan for the period 2017 to 2026 is a central document in this context.
The vice-chancellor, working in cooperation with the deputy vice-chancellor, is to be Lund University’s leading representative, nationally and internationally. The vice-chancellor has overall responsibility for the entire University and reports to the University Board for the management of the organisation.
The vice-chancellor is:
- an academically well-established professor with solid and up-to-date experience of, and a very good ability to conduct, research, teaching and external engagement
- an experienced, accountable, engaged and clear academic leader with personal integrity who can convert visions into actions
- a builder of relations with a good ability to pursue University issues at national and international level, who has a good proficiency in both Swedish and English
The vice-chancellor is to:
- be the University’s leading representative and act in its interests regarding the wider world
- work to ensure that education and research are of the highest quality, enrich each other and are intertwined
- work to ensure a cohesive University, where leadership based on communication, integrity and the ability to inspire is a key aspect
- safeguard and develop the comprehensive University and its diversity
- safeguard and develop collegial processes and academic freedom
- work to ensure good leadership, collegiality and student influence
- work to ensure a sustainable and attractive study and work environment for students and staff, in which gender equality and equal opportunities are of the greatest importance.
The person appointed as vice-chancellor must be qualified in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance (HEO chapter 2, section 11).
Information about the position is available from the head of the Office of the Vice-Chancellor, Cecilia Billgren: +46 46 222 70 24, cecilia [dot] billgren [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se.
Staff organisation representatives:
- SACO-S, Adam Brenthel: +46 46 222 87 16, adam [dot] brenthel [at] saco-s [dot] lu [dot] se
- SEKO, Ingrid Lagerborg: +46 46 222 93 61, ingrid [dot] lagerborg [at] seko [dot] lu [dot] se
- OFR, Kjell Nilsson: +46 46 222 42 68, kjell [dot] nilsson [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se
How to apply
Applications, citing the reference number STYR 2019/1064, are to be sent to registrator [at] lu [dot] se by Sunday 2 February 2020.
Applications should include a covering letter and a CV of a maximum of 5 pages.
How to nominate
Employees and students at Lund University may nominate candidates. The nominee is to have been informed, to have consented to be nominated and thus be prepared in the event of being contacted by the Recruitment Committee. Nominations are to be submitted or sent to one of the members of the Recruitment Committee by Sunday 2 February 2020.
Members of the Recruitment Committee:
- Chair Jonas Hafström: +46 704 24 36 81, jonas [dot] hafstrom [at] rektor [dot] lu [dot] se
- Professor Viveka Alfredsson: +46 46 222 81 55, viveka [dot] alfredsson [at] fkem1 [dot] lu [dot] se
- Head of Finance Ingrid Bengtsson-Rijavec (external member): +46 768 87 08 52, ingrid [dot] b-r [at] brevboxen [dot] se
- Student Robin Bernståhle: +46 707 25 79 99, robin [dot] bernstahle [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se
- Student Gustav Ekström: +46 708 21 31 17, ordf [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se
- Professor Anne L’Huillier: +46 46 222 76 61, anne [dot] lhuillier [at] fysik [dot] lth [dot] se
- Head of Faculty Office Catrin Malmström: +46 46 222 71 83, catrin [dot] malmstrom [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
- Senior Lecturer Johan Östling: +46 702 81 75 75, johan [dot] ostling [at] hist [dot] lu [dot] se